Are you ready for May the 4th? Because it’s approaching us quicker than a runaway Ewok on a speeder bike. This isn’t to be taken lightly; it’s a special once-a-year celebration where we can come together to fully appreciate the galaxy far, far away that we all hold so near and dear. And just like the change that Shmi Skywalker spoke of, this day couldn’t be stopped any more than you can stop the suns from setting.
Need some inspiration for your kick ass party? Have no fear… please, (it’s the path to the dark side). Whether you’re loyal to the Empire or part of the Rebel Alliance, just follow these tips and you’re sure to throw a celebration so great that Chewie, Han Solo, Leia, Luke, Obi-Wan, Yoda, C-3PO, and even R2-D2 would commend you on.
1. Dress up! After all, why even celebrate if you’re not planning on looking the part?? Go all out with full Stormtrooper gear or just show your support and faith by wearing your favorite Star Wars shirt. Don’t forget about your pet, either! Bounty hunter bulldogs are always welcome.
2. Star Wars Movie Marathon. Are you really a fan if you don’t desire annually reliving the series with your best buds? I think not. So don’t forget to have the movies running at least the background if you’re not fan enough to sit and watch them all all the way through… No judgement, though… really.
3. Food Rations. Keep spirits high with Star Wars themed snacks. May it be Princess Leia nutella buns, tauntaun cookies, or BB-8 donuts, make sure the force is pulsating through every detail of your party. Many fun recipes can be found on the Star Wars website and on Pinterest as well.
4. Blue milk and other beverages. Ah, Bantha milk. Don’t even bother throwing this shindig if you’re not planning on inviting the Sentients and downing some blue milk. All you’ll need is:
• 1-1/2 cups of whole milk
• 1 tablespoon of sugar
• ½ teaspoon of vanilla
• Blue food gel dye
Stir together the milk, vanilla and sugar.
Once the sugar has dissolved, stir in a drop of the blue food gel dye until it’s combined.
Keep in the fridge until it’s drink-ready!
Want to mix it up a little bit? I like your spunk. Try out Blue Milk Smoothies by blending up some frozen bananas, blue milk, and honey.
Maybe lattes are more your speed. Simply add blue milk to a cup of strong coffee. Top it off with some milk foam and badabing-badaboom: your very own Blue Milk Latte.
Still not impressed? Try combining black tea with blue milk and toss in a scoop of cooked tapioca pearls; alas: Boba Blue Milk Tea, a refreshing beverage that’s nice and chewy – but not in a Wookiee kind of way!
5. Star Wars crafts – Feel the Force. If you’re planning this party for your kid and their friends, crafts are a great way to get everyone’s creative juices flowing.
One nice upcycled craft is Star Wars Rebels TP Roll Characters. Not only are they fun to create, but they’re also a great way to turn trash into treasure! You can find more detailed directs on the Star Wars website but all you’ll need is:
• Clean toilet paper roll tubes
• Washable paint: black, white, brown, orange, blue, and yellow
• Black permanent marker
• White paint marker (optional)
• Blue enamel dot stickers (optional)
If you’re planning your own party, maybe you and your friends want to make a (concrete) death star which would look super rad on a shelf in literally any room.
Are you a bunch of bookworms? Make some Rey or felt Chewbacca bookmarks.
Feeling really creative and artistic? Challenge yourself to make a DIY Hoth snow globe or a DIY Star Wars terrarium thanksgiving centerpiece!
Find more details on the Star Wars website.
6. Get inked. You know that Rebel Alliance symbol tatt you’ve been pondering? Well… today’s the day, my friend. Because yolo.
7. Amusement parks. It’s a tradition to travel and treat yourself on holidays – luckily May 4th is one itself! If you consider yourself a true fan, go to Disneyland or Disney World to ride Star Tours.
8. “Pass on what you have learned.” Don’t disobey Yoda. Not today. Make sure to introduce family members or younger siblings to this beautiful galaxy.
9. Donate, donate, donate! Nothing pertaining to Star Wars should ever, I repeat EVER, be tossed out. Give away your old Star Wars toys to children in the area so you can be sure to make May the 4th memorable for everyone.
Feeling anxious, stressed, or worried about throwing this party? Don’t. Because
“The Force will be with you. Always.”