Great BBQ Ideas
How to Make Your BBQ the Talk of the Town
KoozieZ.com your Expert in Party Favors and Ideas
BBQ’s are a worldwide reason to come together with friends and family, we have all probably been to at least 100 BBQ in our lifetime. They are planned far in advance or done as a last minute plan.
To pull off a successful BBQ, they are a few essentials; a BBQ, Smoker or any kind of outside cooking device and of course and nice weather. After that it’s up to you to come up the plan to make your BBQ stand apart from the 30 others your friends and family will be attending during the summer.
Happy BBQ Chefs with their Koozies!
Themed BBQ’s are a fun idea. I am not just talking about 4th of July BBQ’s, Memorial Day BBQ’s or Pool Party BBQ’s (although this is my favorite BBQ) but actually themes!
Here are a few good ideas for BBQ Themes:
1. 50′s Style BBQ. 1950′s dress code required, play 50′s music and if the BBQ is big enough have people serve food with roller skates on.
2. NFL HYPE BBQ. Everyone must represent their favorite football team and NFL Bloopers playing on the Big Screen. Good idea for a preseason BBQ Kick-Off
3. Hawaiian BBQ: Get some steel drum music, hula skirts, Hawaiian shirts, and a roasted pig.
They are a number of fun ideas you can come up with. Many stores whether online or locally will have a lot of decorations for the theme you choose.
Breaking The Ice
I am not referring to actual ice, even though it’s VERY important. I am talking about the Meet and Greet BBQ’s such as for a company gathering or a pre-wedding BBQ to get the families together for the first time. Creative ways of getting people to interact at the BBQ is very important to break the ice between strangers.
Games are a great ice breaker. They require light conversation and provide a lot of laughs. For many of us meeting new people may be bit awkward and nerve racking. We sometimes stress about not having enough to talk about or the possibility of offending someone. Since everyone getting along is a MUST at the BBQ try some of these games.
- Water Balloon Dodge Ball- this is an oldie but a goodie and it’s GREAT for families. This game is pretty much self explanatory so just gonna move on to the next one.
- Super Soaker Trivia- You will need a deck of trivia cards (any will work) and a BIGGEST Super Soaker you can find. Everyone gathers in a circle. Questions are asked to the person standing directly in front of you. If the get the answer WRONG they get SOAKED….of course! If you want to make the trivia question a little more risque you can find a lot of them online, you’ll just have to make your own cards.
- Guessing Games- Another oldie, put a bunch of jelly beans in a jar and have everyone guess how many. The person that comes closest wins a prize.
Besides these 3 options take out all the board games to keep everyone entertained.
Once you decide what BBQ Theme and Games you are going to do you have to start planning what you need to buy.
Burgers, Hot dogs, steak, chicken, grilled vegetable,s 7 layer dips, spinach dip and deviled eggs are ALL typical foods that you will find at your basic BBQ. However when you do a themed BBQ you gotta spice it up and prepare some foods that relate to the theme chosen. Next you gotta get the drinks and napkins, plastic utensils, and ice. BLAHH BLAHH BLAHH
These of course are the essentials but have you ever thought about how to get people to remember your BBQ?
However if you want to throw a good BBQ party that makes people feel comfortable and excited to come back next year, then think about this…. Personalized Koozies and Cups. Both can be customized for per your theme and Text can even be put on it. Everyone would feel appreciated and/or part of the team/family.
We would love to help you boost your creative mojo and help you host the best BBQ of 2012, so please feel free to ask, we are here to assist you!!!!
Koozie 4th of July
Here is a Great idea for a Heat Sublimated Craw Fish Boil Koozie
Craw Fish Boil